It is our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or cease displaying/distributing content from hotels, hotel chains and others that may infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
If you believe that your work has been copied and/or is being displayed or distributed by Leonardo Worldwide Corporation (“Leonardo”) in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Leonardo’s Agent for Notice with a notice in English (your “Notice”) containing the information described in below.
This page describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to Leonardo as straightforward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by Leonardo (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov), but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
It is expected that all users of any part of the Leonardo site and hotel image distribution service will comply with applicable copyright laws. If, however, we receive proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, our response to such notices will include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers, regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under United States law or the laws of another jurisdiction.
If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act.
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, Leonardo will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
To file a notice of infringement with Leonardo, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail as set forth below) that sets forth the information specified in the list below. Subject to prior written agreement you may not communicate the information specified below by email.
Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyright(s). Accordingly, if you are not sure if you are the proper copyright holder or if copyright laws protect the material of yours, you may want to consult a lawyer.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers) for your Notice:
- Identify with sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed, including the name and address of the hotel in question.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is being displayed and/or distributed by Leonardo, with enough detail that we may find it on the website (in most circumstances, we will need a URL);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Leonardo to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”;
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- Sign the document.
Please send the written Notice to:
Leonardo Worldwide Corporation
Attn: Copyright Agent
111 Peter Street, Suite 530
Toronto, Ontario, CA M5V 2H1
OR fax to:
1-416-593-7572 Attn: Copyright Agent