If you missed our webinar on how hotels can use SEO and organic traffic to increase direct bookings, don’t worry! We’ve gathered together some of the highlights in this webinar recap.
Our speakers, Oscar Mazariegos, Nizam Uddin and Warren Wheatley, covered what SEO is, why hotels should use SEO to optimize their online presence, and most importantly how hotels can use it.
What is SEO & Why Do Hotels Need to Know About It
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. – Moz.com
As for why SEO should be part of your hotel’s marketing plan:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine—travel planners will almost always start with Google
- 91% of traffic never reaches the second page of Google
- There are over 200 “ranking factors” that send signals to Google about where and how to rank your site for every possible search query
- Nothing is static: seasonality and individual searchers’ history changes results
How Can Your Hotel use SEO?
In SEO, nothing lasts forever. Just as seasonality and each individual searcher impacts results, Google’s ranking factors change over time. Here are some of the strategies we covered on the webinar that will help you see the most success with SEO right now:
- You have a better chance of ranking for long-tail, local keywords—make your time and effort count
- Your brand website is a great landing page—but having your own hotel website optimized for different keywords creates more opportunities for direct bookings
- Technical elements affect your rankings, including site speed, security, and how you look on mobile and other devices
- Building authority by getting links from your local partners and listings to your hotel website helps you climb the ranks on Google
Want to learn more? Watch the webinar recording or contact us.